Saturday, October 27, 2012

Cooking in Den Haag: Special Request - Mushroom Masala! :)

One girl I met in Den Haag told me that when she was in India, her favourite thing to order in restaurants was Mushroom Masala and Chapatis. I have never tried making restaurant-style curries before, but I figured it shouldn't be too hard :P

What I used:

Mushrooms, halved and quartered
White Onions, finely chopped
Green Peppers (Capsicum), chopped
Jeera (Cumin)
Dried Red Chillies
Ginger paste
Garlic paste
Tomato puree
Oil to cook


I was cooking for around 8 people - hence the large quantities!


In a pan, heat oil. Add dry red chilli and jeera to the oil - let sizzle.


Add the onions to the pan. Cook until soft, but not brown.


These are the ginger and garlic pastes I found in the super market here. So easy! :)

One spoon of each into the onions, stir well. Add the mushrooms and peppers to the pan, toss everything together and let cook till mushrooms are tender.


Add some tomato puree to the pan and mix everything well.


Serve with parathas (I found good frozen ones) or, if making with a curry consistency, with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment